Understanding the neurological sources of individual differences helps identify brain-based disorders in attention, memory, personality, self-awareness (conscious experience), cognition, and emotional expression. Understanding these differences in learning can define current and future expectations in the lifestyle of the individual. Testing will give a comprehensive understanding of an individual’s strengths and impairments. We then create a ROAD MAP of customized recommendations for therapy, treatments, educational assistance, and medications.
Every brain is a unique Puzzle of genetics (nature), experiences (nurture), physical health, learned responses, personality, injuries and diseases. It is the role of a Neuropsychologist to sort out the factors that influence how the brain is working in order to understand and explain abnormalities.
The Testing Process - Learn More
Neuropsychological Testing vs. Standard Psychological Testing
A standard psychological assessment typically evaluates general cognitive and personality functioning and is geared to diagnose psychiatric conditions. A standard assessment has the capacity to diagnose a condition such as ADHD based on behavior, but it lacks the specificity to understand what underlying neurological process is causing the symptoms and therefore cannot give customize recommendations for treatment.
Neuropsychological Assessment is a comprehensive assessment of cognitive processes. We can evaluate neurological or neurodevelopmental disorders, and understand the etiology and evolution of a disorder. Neuropsychology is the unique integration of genetic, developmental, and environmental history with testing data to better understand brain functioning. With a comprehensive assessment of a person’s cognitive and personality functioning, we can specify the origin and development of a disorder and customized recommendations.
To understand cogntive strengths and weaknesses, neuropsychological testing further evaluates:
- Attention and concentration
- Verbal and visual memory
- Auditory and visual processing
- Visual-spatial functioning
- Language and Reading skills
- Sensory Development and Sensory Integration
- Gross and fine motor development
- Social Skill Development
- Executive Functioning
- Emotional and Personality development
Collateral information and behavioral assessment is sought from parents, educators, doctors, and therapists when appropriate. We then use this information to create a road map of customized recommendations for therapy, treatments, educational assistance, and medications.
Psychological and NeuroPsychological Testing is the essential Road Map because it helps clinical professionals, treatment programs, and educational institutions to develop treatment planning and ensure treatment is effective and efficient.
Assessments that may be used by Domain
- Intelligence - WAIS, WISC, SB, TONI
- Achievement - WJ-III, WIAT, WRAT
- Attention - CCPT, WCST, Vanderbilt, NEPSY
- Language - GORT, Boston Naming, HRB-Aphasia
- Memory and Learning - WMS, WRAML, CVLT, RAVLT, ROCF, NEPSY
- Motor Control - Grooved Pegoard, Finger Tapping, Grip Strength, Lateral Dominance
- Visual-Spatial - ROCFT, Bender-Gestalt, HVOT
- Autism - ADOS, ASDS, ADI, GARS
- Executive Functioning - WCST, BRIEF, EFSD, D-KEFS, HRB
- Behavioral - BASC, Achenbach, Vanderbilt
Make an Appointment
Feel free to Contact Us with your questions or to schedule an appointment for neuropsychological testing. We believe the problems that you are facing cannot wait months for answer. This is why it is NADC's policy to schedule clients within a month, or refer them to a clinician that can see them immediately.
Contact us today to set an appointment, and we will send a preliminary questionnaire and make preparations for testing.
Need an Evaluation?
Psychological or Neuropsychological Testing
We provide testing locally and in Programs.
Or we can provide a local Referral.
Contact Us and We Can Help!
- Psychological Assessment
- NeuroPsychological Assessment
- ADHD Testing
- Autism Testing
- Forensic / Injury Testing
- Explanation of Testing (printable pdf)
Forms (Print, Fill out, FAX)
- What is Psychological Testing?
- What is Neuropsychological Testing?
- What is the difference between Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing?
- What is a Learning Disability?
- What is Dyslexia?
- What is Executive Functioning?
- What is ADHD?
- What is Autism?
- What to Expect on the Day of Testing
- ADD / ADHD
- Executive Functioning
- Autism-Spectrum Disorder
- Asperger's Disorder
- Non-Verbal Learning Disorder (NVLD)
- Learning Disabilities
- IEP / Individualized Education Plan
- Emerging Adults
- Sensory Integration
- Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)